MICC Group is the world's largest manufacturer of Mineral Insulated Fire Performance cables. Mineral Insulated Cable is the most durable cable ever made.
Having originated from the ashes of BICC (the original Manufacturer of Mineral Insulated Cable), we apply over 85 Years’ worth of experience from the ex-Directors and Staff of BICC to offer the most cost-effective solution which works. Further to this, we are the only company in the world to manufacture using the BICC seamless tube technique ensuring infallible quality.
We offer the full range of Heavy Duty and Light Duty cable in:
- Copper sheath (Survives for 3hrs+ @ 950°C)
- Copper sheath (Survives for 2hrs+ @ 1010°C)
- Alloy 825 sheath (Survives for 2hrs+ @ 1200°C)
Life safety and firefighting equipment often rely on the integrity of the essential wiring system to enable evacuation & firefighting operations. Unlike plastic “flame-retardant” cables, MI cable offer proven 3 hour escape times in “Real World” fire conditions.
If a building, tunnel, underground car park etc. has a ‘Required Safe Evacuation Time” of more than 10 minutes, there is only one suitable choice of cable: Mineral Insulated Cable.
Why is MICC the only true Fire Survival cable?
- Inorganic construction = Nothing to burn!
- Nothing to burn = Zero toxic emissions and Zero smoke!
- Inorganic materials = Last a lifetime!
- Holistic fire survival = Zero combustion and Zero heat release
- Naturally armoured = Pest proof, no risk of rodent damage!
- Self-monitoring = Does not cause false alarms due to undetected damage on installation
- Furnace tested = Passes the only true lifelike fire test!